Senior Facility Tour
Thursday, July 18, 2019, 10:30-2:30
The Handmaker Community
Reserve ASAP – Space is limited:
email@example.com or call: 437-9556
The folks at Handmaker have planned an informative visit for SNAP. A Handmaker bus will depart the LCF parking lot at 10:30 AM, bringing SNAP’s group to the facilities at Grant and Rosemont. The group will return to LCF approximately 2:00 PM.
Handmaker offers several levels of care and services making them a true community. The community campus has five neighborhoods, each with its own character and purpose.
- The Bregman & Golding neighborhood specializes in post-hospital rehabilitation, providing exceptional care, with 24-hour a day nursing professionals, supervised care, social workers, therapists and physician teams working together to design individualized care plans for everyone staying during their recovery.
- Specializing in Memory/Dementia Care, the Kalmanovitz Neighborhood is a place for full-time care and assistance with bathing, eating, medication management, physical movement, cognitive impairments and other individualized needs.
- The Rich Neighborhood is residential and perfect for those with chronic illnesses or the need for additional post-hospital rehabilitative care.
- The Rubin Neighborhood provides assisted living, where residents live independently or may only need minimal assistance with medication or gentle assistance with daily tasks.
- The Tynan Neighborhood is specifically created for seniors with needs that exceed the care typically available in other assisted living programs.
Cydney Turner, Handmaker Director of Marketing/Admissions, has organized SNAP’s tour — planning a fun and informative session, with resources about Handmaker rehab, long term nursing and assisted living facilities. We’ll also hear more about the Adventure Bus.
Lunch! Handmaker is a kosher community — Cydney has reserved the great room for a gourmet lunch featuring a mixed green salad of roasted tomatoes, carrots, red onion, toasted barley and rosemary mint dressing. The main course will be pan seared halibut, mashed red lentils, wilted spinach and tomatoes, and whole grain mustard cream sauce with potato gnocchi and grilled vegetables. There is a flourless chocolate torte for dessert, not to be missed, with iced tea, lemonade, regular and deaf coffee.
After lunch, time permitting, SNAP will tour one of the assisted living apartments.
Please register early — Space is limited.