Any adult age 55 or over living within the SNAP service area (bordered by Craycroft, Sunrise, Kolb/Sabino and River Roads) may apply for service by calling 520-437-9556. An intake appointment will be scheduled to determine your eligibility and which of SNAP’s services or programs may be helpful to you. All services are offered at no charge through the efforts of volunteers.
THINK OF SNAP:
- When you need transportation to medical appointments, shopping or errands
- When you need temporary help with meals following surgery or other medical treatment
- When you need help with a minor chore or home repair
- When you need a couple hours’ relief from your role as a family caregiver
- If you feel alone or isolated
- If you need to learn about local resources
Residents may also be referred to the program through hospitals, rehabilitation centers, social service agencies, friends and family members. Clients who live outside the SNAP service area may be admitted to the program on a temporary basis, until alternative transportation and assistance becomes available (usually 30 days).
All persons receiving SNAP services are invited to participate in Lunch Bunch, educational programs, Creatively Aging events and groups, and to become a SNAP volunteer. There are many ways to give back to SNAP. In addition to your time and talents, SNAP accepts donations of many kinds to help fund its operations and programs. See Ways to Give to SNAP HERE.