Any disabled resident or senior adult aged 55 and above living within the SNAP service area (bordered by Craycroft, Sunrise, Kolb/Sabino and River Roads) may apply for service by calling 520-437-9556. Intake appointment will be arranged with the SNAP Coordinator to determine eligibility. All services are offered at no charge. However, SNAP is a 501 ( c ) ( 3 ) organization and welcomes your donations.
THINK OF SNAP:
- When you are unable to drive yourself and need transportation to medical appointments, shopping or errands
- When you are discharged from a hospital or rehabilitation facility
- When you are ill, recovering from an accident or surgery
- When it is difficult to keep up your daily routine
- When respite is needed for a family caregiver
- If you feel alone or isolated
- If you have a chronic or progressive illness
- If you need to learn about local resources
- If you need to borrow home health care equipment, such as a wheelchair, walker, toilet seat etc.
Clients are also referred to the program through hospitals, rehabilitation centers, social service agencies, friends and family members. Clients who live outside the official service area may be admitted to the program on a temporary basis, until alternative transportation and assistance becomes available (usually 30 days). Once admitted to SNAP, all clients are eligible to participate in core services, on-going projects, educational activities, social events and committee work.
You may download a Client Application here, print and return it to SNAP’s mailing address at P.O. Box 30494, Tucson, AZ 85751-0494.