Add these SNAP info-expo educational programs about aging in place to your calendar:
- October 21, 2019 – When It’s Time to Consider Your Senior Living Choices – Education program with speaker and author Gail Lawley. Resource table will provide a variety of choices involving senior living options.
2 – 3:30 PM, Lutheran Church of the Foothills Activity Room
- November 11, 2019 – Caregiving and National Caregivers Month – Education program with speakers Jan Sturges (Founder of the Caregiver Consortium) and representatives of Catalina In Home Services. Caregiver resources will be provided at the program’s Information Table.
2 – 3:30 PM, Lutheran Church of the Foothills
(Craycroft and Territory)
Join SNAP Board member (and physicist) Leon Radziemski for a fun session — with cool experiments to share with grandchildren or just for personal learning.
The educational program is scheduled for Monday, November 12, from 2:00PM until 3:30PM at the Lutheran Church of the Foothills Activity Room (Craycroft and Territory).
For additional information, contact email@example.com.
Pima Council on Aging’s CEO and President W. Mark Clark will join SNAP for a discussion of the impact of neighborliness on quality of life – including an update on PCOA’s plans in terms of advocacy and comprehensive services that support older adults’ independence and enhanced well-being.
September 24, 2018
2:00pm – 3:30pm
Lutheran Church of the Foothills
(Craycroft and Territory)
The September 24 SNAP-PCOA program will highlight how PCOA works with neighborhood programs like SNAP through the Neighbors Care Alliance. The Sept. 24 SNAP program also ties with National Neighborhood Day, celebrated the third Sunday of September since 2004. This non-sectarian, non-partisan annual celebration acknowledges the importance of simple neighborhood gatherings, which recognize and reinforce one foundation of community.
PCOA Serving the Community
Under the Older Americans Act, the Arizona State Plan on Aging was created as the master plan for coordination and delivery of supportive services for older Americans, from October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2022. PCOA is the designated Arizona Area Agency on Aging for Pima County , charged with communicating about and delivering a multi-tiered approach for the region’s eligible older Americans. PCOA CEO Clark will discuss the importance of neighborhood groups like SNAP…and how PCOA supports residents not only with a pipeline of information resources, but with programs that help residents remain healthy and active.
Educational Programs Listing
- Monday, May 28: Tips on Planning a Funeral or Memorial Service.
2 – 3:30pm, LCF Community Room
- Wednesday, May 30: Lunch Bunch, informal gatherings at SMR Clubhouse.
11:30 – 1pm, bring a bag lunch. Dessert & beverage on the house.
- Monday, June 25: Working your way through clutter. Hoarding workshop.
2 – 3:30pm, LCF Community Room.
- Senior Living Facility Tours: If you’ve not had the opportunity to tour Splendido (tour August 7) or The Forum (tour September 11), mark your calendars. Bus transportation, lunches and facility tours will be provided for newly interested residents.
On any of the above programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Watch this website for updates.