SNAP’s volunteer force is comprised of full and part-time residents in the service area and some individuals who live outside the SNAP borders. There are no minimum hours of service required; you decide on your own time commitment. A few hours each week OR every month can make a huge difference to our friends and neighbors receiving services.
We welcome winter visitors to SNAP service during the weeks or months they are in Tucson. This frequently provides an opportunity for “snowbirds” to get to know other people in the community. A short training program for new volunteers is mandatory and is arranged in small groups by the Coordinator.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS DO?
SNAP volunteers provide these direct services to clients:
- Transportation to medical appointments and shopping
- Caregiver relief
- Occasional meals
- Minor household repairs
- Friendly visiting
- Telephone or email reassurance
Other opportunities include:
- Assisting with annual events such as the Health Fair and the Home~Garden & Treasures Tour (late March or early April).
- Joining a committee to help with our special projects—the Tortuga Trail Project (educational, medical or social programs) or the Caregiver Support Project.
- Helping with mailings, public relations, clerical/computer assistance, hospitality and fundraising.
- Serving on the Board of Directors
Download a Volunteer Application here, print it and return to SNAP’s mailing address at P.O. Box 30494, Tucson, AZ 85751-0494.