SNAP’s volunteer corps is comprised of full and part-time residents who reside throughout the SNAP service area and broader community. There are no minimum hours of service required; you decide on your own time commitment. A few hours each week OR each month can make a huge difference to our friends and neighbors receiving services.
We welcome winter visitors to SNAP service during the weeks or months they are in Tucson. This frequently provides an opportunity for “snowbirds” to get to know other people in the community. A training and orientation program for new volunteers is mandatory and is arranged in small groups on a monthly basis.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS DO?
SNAP volunteers provide these direct services to SNAP clients:
- Transportation to medical appointments and shopping.
- Friendly visiting including relief for a caregiver who may need a break for couple of hours.
- Telephone or email reassurance
- Occasional meals
- Minor household tasks, like changing a light bulb.
Other SNAP volunteer opportunities include:
- Becoming a member of the Phone Patrol – our front-line contacts for all telephone inquiries to SNAP.
- Assisting with special events and fundraising activities.
- Joining a committee or team to help educational and socialization programs for our elderly neighbors.
- Helping with administrative support tasks such as mailings, data entry/computer tasks, graphic design.
- Serving on the Board of Directors or board committee.
SNAP uses a web-based application, called RideScheduler, to organize and schedule all assignments. Volunteers receive training in the system during the Volunteer Training and Orientation. Here is the link to more information on RideScheduler: RideSchedule Volunteer Instructional Sheet
Please join us as a volunteer! Follow this link Volunteer Application 2020 to open and complete the form online. You can email the completed form to Lynda Stites, Volunteer Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or print the form and return it to SNAP’s mailing address at 6890 E. Sunrise Drive, Suite 120-298, Tucson, AZ 85750.